How to add and manage Lists
Introduction: what are Lists?
If you need to filter based on a large number of accounts, clients, former clients, or target accounts, then the List feature might be what you need.
The LeadBoxer Lists feature allows you to:
- Upload a list of company names and / or domain names.
- Apply this list as a Filter and make part of your Segments (and notifications)
Step 1: preparations
- Log into LeadBoxer as admin and go to the List overview page (from the dropdown menu in the top right corner)
- Download the .CSV sample file
- Open in a spreadsheet application and add your list into the sheet. There are 2 columns:
- organizationDomain: Put the domain name of the organization in this row
- organizationName: put the name of the organization in this row
- 'Save As' and (re)name so the file so that it is clear what the list contains. (eg. Target-accounts-2022.csv)
Note: We will use both the domain OR the name of the organization to match the identified leads or customers to your list.
we allow for you to use wildcards in both the organizationDomain and organizationName fields.
|apple.* in organizationDomain||Will match all domains from Apple (eg apple.com, apple.co.uk, apple.nl, etc)|
|Intel* in organizationName||Will match all organizations that Start with the word intel ( Intel Corp, Intel Germany, Intelligence inc)|
| * KLM* in organizationName
||Will match anything before and after KLM (royal KLM, KLM international, etc)|
Troubleshooting: if you get an error when uploading your .CSV, make sure there are no additional columns in your CSV file. The formatting is strict.
Step 2: Upload list
- Log into LeadBoxer as admin and go to the List overview page
- Click the Upload button, a new window will appear
- Provide a name for your list, select the .CSV file from step 1 and press Save
Here is a screenshot of how it can look like if you have multiple lists:
Step 3: Apply your lists and save in Segment
Once the list is uploaded, you can apply it using the List Filter in both the leads and accounts view.
- Find and select the list from the Primary filters category.
- Save as segment and set notification, see the Segment documentation on how to do this.