Setup notifications (How-to)
Once you have created a Segment you can send it to yourself and/or your colleagues. This is a very powerful tool - you will be informed (in real-time) when a specific activity occurs or you can receive an e-mail with the top-ranked leads every day/week; also in the format of your choosing, Excel (.csv) or html (email) or PDF
The alerts can be very specific - a particular company for account-based-marketing; client viewing the pricing page, or very broad - a region, all identified companies, or multiple alerts for different industries.
This feature is very intuitive and dynamic. The only limit on how to use it is your imagination.
How to Set-up the Notifications
- Apply filters or select the Segment you are interested in.
- Click the Save (as) button located at the bottom-left of your screen
- In the new window
- Name your Segment (NOTE: in illustration we refer to 'Smartlist" - this is now called Segment
- Check 'Create email alert' box
- Select frequency, Daily or Weekly
- Select format - .CSV or HTML (in body of email)
- Select recipients (from your users) - if you don't see person - add them under the Users section first
- Click save
How to disable Notifications
If you like to stop receiving notifications, you need to
- Find the specific name of the Segment (this should be in the title of the email)
- Select the segment in the application
- Click the Save (as) button in the bottom-left corner
- Untick the 'mail this list' checkbox
You need to be the owner of a Segment if you want to make changes.
So if you receive a message indicating you are not authorised to make a modification to the Segment, you either need to contact your admin or change the ownership in the Segment Overview.